how to make this cute paper banner.
though, your’s might not say lollipops – just guessing.
1. pick out 4-10 sheets of your favorite patterned paper.
i chose cosmo cricket’s material girl and garden variety.
2. decide on the size your banner will be.
mine is about 6 feet long and each
inside triangle is 7″ long X 6″ wide.
think about how much space you will want for your letters.
3. once you decide on size take a piece of card stock or
paper board and make your first triangle sketch, then cut out.
this is the template for all your triangles.
4. trace this template onto your patterned paper
one for each letter in your banner.
5. cut out your triangles.
6. with a cricut or other cutting machine or type of letters,
add your letters.
i used the “printing press” cricut cartridge for my L’s, p, and i.
i used the flirt font with “sure cuts a lot” on my computer for the o’s and the s.
i wanted the look to be playful.
7. take the coordinating card stock and
adhere to the back of each triangle.
be sure to leave space for a border,
and cut with scallop scissors.
8. punch the two top corners of each triangle
and add small eyelets.
9. string your favorite ribbon in thru the left corner of the
first letter and around the back and thru the right corner.
bring it thru, long enough to go to the end of your banner.
add each letter one at a time leaving a half inch to an inch
of ribbon between each triangle for movement and storage.