1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got started in the biz of handmade.
I’m a born & raised San Diegan who can’t imagine living anywhere else. I’m currently attending business school with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship. I’ve always had a love for jewelry, even when I was little. Ever since I received a bead kit when I was 10, I’ve been whipping up creations for myself. When I was 16, I began really focusing on making gemstone jewelry. When I was 18, I officially started Flawed Perfection Jewelry and really started making things for sale.
2. Where do you draw inspiration from?
I draw inspiration from a lot of sources. Most of all, I’m inspired by the beautiful county I live in! The Pacific Ocean’s greens, blues, and neutrals are my favorite. In addition, I’m inspired by color combos and what I see in fashion.
3. Can you describe your blog and/or shop in 6 words or less?
Fun, sophisticated, colorful, feminine, Completely ME!
4. What does a typical workday look like? -this includes family/life ;)
Since I’m a college student, my schedule is a little wacky! Most days:
Wake up & answer e-mails
Answer e-mails, tweet, & work on the shop
Catch up online, take pictures, & do homework
Watch t.v. while making & packaging orders
Hit the hay early since I can’t ever have caffeine (7-8 a night!)
5. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would definitely visit the English Countryside! I have a raging obsession with everything Pride & Prejudice. The scenery from the 2005 version makes my heart swell, it’s so beautiful! One day, I WILL get there!
6. What is your favorite dessert?
Hmmm…I have to go with a good, moist chocolate chip cookie.
visit her shop flawed perfection jewelry