i love pinterest. i have to literally pull myself away from the computer kicking and screaming
“i want my pinterest and i want it now” like a 38 year old veruca salt.
here’s how i pinterest happily:
- first set a time limit – 20 minutes is good.
- find your friends and follow them.
- find others who’s taste you like and follow them.
i follow all boards someone makes – why? because this way when they add boards i won’t miss out.
in rare cases if i only like 1 board then it makes sense just to follow that board. i recently followed a school lunch inspiration board.
why do i like it so much? it is inspiring and at times overwhelming. but i feel so incredibly moved by the creativity shared, the ideas created, and the possibilities are rather endless… aren’t they? it’s my eye candy and it seriously makes me drool.
i like repining pins, but did you know you can also pin things from around the web even if there isn’t a pinterest icon on a post, article or photo? all you need is a “pin it” button, then you can be the “original pinner”!
click here to get the “pin it” button
• collect recipes to try: browse your favorite food blogs and pin whatever looks tasty!
• save articles for later: pin an interesting headline you see to read when you’re ready.
• weigh your options: shopping for a camera? pin all your ideas before you commit.
when you spot something interesting out on the web, just click your new “pin it” button and… pow! you’ve got a visual bookmark that links right back to the site it came from.
the above photo i pinned on pinterest from bomobob on etsy