who’s nutty here?
ahem, well, this super delish recipe is vegan! and did i mention it is yummy? well put on your socks so this recipe can knock them off! this is one of our family favorites!
- 1. about 4 carrots
- 2. 1/2 an onion
- 3. 4 cups cashews (buy the cashew pieces instead of whole cashews they're cheaper and your going to chop them up anyway)
- 4. 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 5. 6 large tortillas
- 6. 1/4 cup butter or your favorite cooking oil (i recommend butter for non-vegans)
- 7. 3 avocados
- 8. 1 pkg sprouts
- 9. 1 cup plain yogurt (sour cream substitute)
- in a food processor chop carrots and onion pour into bowl
- chop cashews in food processor - not into nut butter just coarse chunks
- mix together in mixing bowl with taco seasoning
- heat skillet add butter or oil add tortilla plop a cup of mixture onto tortilla
- no need to flip - just evenly heat the tortilla to desired crispy golden brown-ness and then fold and flatten with spatula and scoop onto serving dish
- then add remaining ingredients to each taco and eat!
- serve with a salad and sliced mango.
i credit my sweet friends who stole this recipe from a vegetarian restaurant, made it at home, and shared it with all their best friends. (you know who you are – thanks for the love 16 years later we’re still making this.)
i hope enjoy it too!