1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got started in the biz of handmade.
2. Where do you draw inspiration from?
I draw a lot of inspiration from vintage-esque things. I’ve started using one-of-a-kind vintage brooches and earrings for hair accessories. I love anything repurposed. I also love love the 1950s and earlier– the chic daily outfits that women wore!
Vintage inspired one-of-a-kind pieces
4. What does a typical workday look like? -this includes family/life ;)
My typical work day is a little scattered. I have a full-time job that I commute to in downtown. I usually get up around 6:30 and walk the doggy, get ready and hop on the bus where I check email & tweet. I get into the ol’ day job (I’m a writer/editor for an Internet company) around 8:15 and work, checking twitter/email/etsy during little breaks. During lunch I read blogs & comment on them and do any bigger email requests or responses. I get off around 4:30 or 5 and bus home where I make dinner. The husband cleans up while I take care of orders. We hang out for a bit and then get into bed around 10 where I blog for the next day. I do most of my crafting on Tuesday evenings when the husband works late and on Sunday afternoons (he also works Sundays.)
The goal is that if I work enough then when we have kids I can stay home with them and blog/create on the side :)
5. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
If I could travel anywhere, I would take a month and travel through Europe, visiting thrift shops picking up inspiration and pieces for my shop!
6. What is your favorite dessert?
My favorite dessert is pumpkin pie– which is why I am so excited for fall! :)
Erika is giving away this sweet flower–it’s one of only two that are made…so two of a kind?) ;)
All you have to do to win is leave a comment here of your favorite item from her shop.
For additional entries, leave a separate comment for each:
1. Follow rouge and whimsey’s blog and lollipops blog
2. Follow erikalc and lollipops on twitter
3. Blog, facebook, or tweet about this giveaway (make sure to include @lollipopscards and @erikalc in your tweet) and include the link to this giveaway. (one entry each)