these cookies are quite delectable and i think they are perfect for any occasion. who goes without cookies? ok indulge your sweet tooth…
this recipe is from the better homes and gardens cookbook. the one and only cookbook i turn to for tried and true classics.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup chopped nuts (we omitted these)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 baking pan; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat brown sugar and butter over mudium heat until butter melts and the mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Stir in eggs one at a time; stir in vanilla. Stir in flur, abking powder and baking soda.
- 2. Spread batter in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (avoid chocolate chips). Cool slightly on wire rack. Cut into bars while warm.
before francesca made these i had never heard of blondies. she had eaten them somewhere else and i am so glad she decided to bake them for our family!