i thought you might like this recipe :)
- 1 1/2 – sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 1/4 – cups butter, not margarine
- 1 1/4 – cup light brown sugar
- 1 – 12 oz package chocolate chips or
- 1 – 8 oz package milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 – cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or almonds)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lay crackers out on sheet in one layer. In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter and the brown sugar. Stir often and bring to a full rolling boil. After the mixture comes to a full rolling boil set your timer and boil the mixture for exactly 3 minutes.
- Pour over the saltines and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and wait until they are almost melted then spread the chocolate evenly all over all the saltines. Sprinkle on the nuts all over the top as evenly as possible. Refrigerate for two hours and then break up into pieces and store in a air tight container.
- Note: If using the Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits (Heath Bits) omit the nuts and the chocolate chips. After pouring the brown sugar mixture over the crackers and baking for 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle the milk chocolate toffee bits all over the caramel mixture. With this version you do not have to return the cracker candy back to the oven to melt. Just leave it like it is and refrigerate for two hours.