print out the seed packet from elf on the shelf.
add your sprinkles for the seeds. set out the night before.
wake up and have your child plant the “seeds”
magically the next day there’s candy cane sprouts!
(just little peppermints)
then mini candy canes.
and finally big candy canes have “grown” in your pot :)
yay! happy Christmas to you :)
i picked up a gingerbread village kit with 5 gingerbread houses to decorate. perfect for our family of 5! now we can all decorate each house how we want it and get as creative as we like.
i really enjoyed seeing each family member’s creativity and originality expressed as we shared hot cocoa and Christmas music and the 1 tube of white icing – next year i will pick up extra tubes :)
are you finding time to enjoy the season?
i am receiving orders for this 2015 planner from customers who had this planner for 2014!!
this 8×10 planner is one page per day with 2 page per month layouts. 4 colors rotate for 3 months each; candy peach, aqua, mustard yellow, and raspberry. includes US holidays on month and day.
January 2015 – December 2015
each day has:
- a to do list
- appointment slots from 7:00am to 9:00pm
- an area for household
- an area to plan meals
- a place to journal
- a place to write down something you’re thankful for
- a place to track exercise
- a place to track spending
- a place to track vitamins
- a place to track water
- there’s even little weather icons to track the day’s weather
and the months are lined!!
here’s pics from the 2014 planner – 2015 is the same just updated! yay!
click here for DIY instructions :)
well i love a good idea and i think i have had an epiphany…
no, i’m not going to dye my armpit hair blue! i am not even going to go there… ever. well to each his own – her own, whatever.
i have decided that wednesdays are national mother’s day off.
at least for me anyway.
as a mother of three busy kids who are very active and involved in sports and a husband who travels for work i am finding myself busy 7 days a week with no time to catch my breath. i have two pre-driving teens in two different high schools and a kindergartener at another school – i am behind the wheel about four hours every day including weekends! then at home i am scrambling to “get it all done” which, let’s be honest moms, it never is is it?!! it is never, ever all done, there is always something. so i have declared wednesday my day off.
i will have to hustle a little more on the other days, but i think knowing that that carrot is waiting for me will give me more motivation to hustle. i will still make breakfast, lunch, and dinner, i will still drive my four hours to get everyone everywhere, but between school drop off and pick up i will relax, catch my breath, make time for reading, journaling, praying, riding my bike, dawdling, spending time with friends, wandering… i will stop to smell the roses for goodness sakes! all the things we want to do, but never have the time. when are we going to have the time? we have to make the time. i do better with a plan and structure – so here it is. easy, right? december – the busiest month of them all. i have to start now or i never will and i have a lot done already for Christmas, so i’m going to take the plunge.
i think it will be better for my mental health, my physical wellbeing, and my creativity!
do you have a designated day off? will you join me? is it possible? what do you think?
if you’re not ready i will let you know if it was the worst idea
ever in the history of smart women or not ;)
it will be another reason to love wednesdays!
i can’t wait to see what you’re loving!
i love organizing!
look at these perfect pantries!
12 7 inch containers from ikea totals only $35.88! i am excited to put all my beans, nuts, and sugars into these nifty containers.
i have a few right now – one for popcorn and one for quinoa. i have taller ones for cereal, granola, and oatmeal :) they are nice and durable, + they stack!
click images for their source
i can’t wait to see what you’re loving today!
- 1 1/2 – sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 1/4 – cups butter, not margarine
- 1 1/4 – cup light brown sugar
- 1 – 12 oz package chocolate chips or
- 1 – 8 oz package milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 – cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or almonds)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lay crackers out on sheet in one layer. In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter and the brown sugar. Stir often and bring to a full rolling boil. After the mixture comes to a full rolling boil set your timer and boil the mixture for exactly 3 minutes.
- Pour over the saltines and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and wait until they are almost melted then spread the chocolate evenly all over all the saltines. Sprinkle on the nuts all over the top as evenly as possible. Refrigerate for two hours and then break up into pieces and store in a air tight container.
- Note: If using the Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits (Heath Bits) omit the nuts and the chocolate chips. After pouring the brown sugar mixture over the crackers and baking for 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle the milk chocolate toffee bits all over the caramel mixture. With this version you do not have to return the cracker candy back to the oven to melt. Just leave it like it is and refrigerate for two hours.
i love that Creative Memories is back!
check it out here
i have scrapbooked for 15 years and i can tell you there are no better albums or pages than the ones Creative Memories is famous for. i am so thrilled to use their unbeatable products once again. i was absolutely beside myself the past 10 months, i had used all my albums and pages and went to try new brands. i scoured the stores and internet and nothing, nothing compared. i bought the best album i was willing to settle for and i was so disappointed! i was practically crying at our scrapbook retreat back in May. we were all wondering, “what are we going to do?” “they have to come back.” not only have i been scrapbooking for 15 years, i have also been scrapbooking with a large wonderful group of serious scrapbooking gals. they were as devastated as i was when we were out of albums and other Creative Memories supplies. they had no solutions either.
i quickly discovered Creative Memories makes the only albums that lay flat AND the middle of the pages is close together, almost touching. i love this because i am always doing two page layouts. Creative Memories is made in the USA and is also the only company that backs their albums with a 100% lifetime guarantee. and i never did find a replacement adhesive that worked for me – i love their tape runner.
if you’re interested in selling their products or if you plan to make a lot of purchases. sign up as an advisor (it’s their hybrid version of a consultant). get huge discounts + commission! the more you buy or sell the more you save and the discount keeps accumulating for 12 months! also advisors in your group accumulate with you! so you can build a lot of sales (and discounts + commission) very quickly and easily! i can just imagine my friends and i buying few things and over a year it would easily be $2600+ retail which would give all of us a 30% discount and a 6% commission!
yep, i really love creative memories!
i can’t wait to see what you’re loving today!
have you stopped by the shop talk e-course?
login credentials and workbook are emailed to you upon purchase.